Mobitility-4-Business (M-4-B) has recognized the powerful advantages the rapid adoption of mobile and wireless devises provide to businesses, specifically the Small-to-Medium Business (SMB).
Here are some interesting facts that emphasize this epic transformation:
- According to Nielson Mobile Insights, only 30% of the US mobile phones were smartphones in October 2010. In February 2012, we finally hit the tipping point with 50% penetration of smartphones and penetration rate hasn’t slowed down. It won’t take long before we close in on 100%.
- And the number of phones we depend on is exploding. Over 400 million cell phones were sold in Q1 2012 so we are nearing almost 2 billion phones per year. There are more phones than people now.
- Smartphones growth is outpacing PCs in annual growth of 62.7% versus 14.8% in 2011. In fact, smartphones out shipped PCs (487 million to 414 million) in the same year. Smartphones are offering you the computing power you had on a PC just a few years ago with the convenience of being with you wherever you go.
- Moreover mobile browsing is now 10% of all web traffic according to a StatCounter study in May 2012. What this means is the next one billion internet users will start with their phone. The impact on workforce expectations is that mobile is table stakes. Plus emerging markets are outpacing the rest of the world in the growth of mobile internet. For instance, Asia grew 192.5% in mobile browsing since 2010. So this means this is a global trend.
This rapid paradigm shift has created both a daunting dilemma as well as a supreme opportunity for SMB’s to: substantially increase their revenues and profits; improve their customer’s satisfaction and experience; and provide a strategic competitive advantage. M-4-B has assembled a talented team with the experience and expertise necessary to help organizations, like yours, avoid the risky pitfalls while making this transformation successful and position your company to become a more nimble, more productive and more efficient organization. Read more about our services and unique product portfolio.
Mobile Facts, Trends and Predictions:
- Mobile phones know a lot more about people than desktop computers do — most important, their location. And with a phone in hand, a customer is probably more likely to be ready to buy something. – New York Times – Oct. 28, 2012
- “An ever-growing percentage of our ad buy is mobile because that’s where the consumer is,” said Chris McCann, president of 1-800-Flowers.com, which has run mobile ads urging people to call or walk into a nearby store. “It’s the future for us.”
- Smartphones growth is outpacing PCs in annual growth of 62.7% versus 14.8% in 2011. In fact, smartphones out shipped PCs (487 million to 414 million) in the same year. – Nielson Mobile Insights – Oct. 2010.
- Mobile browsing is now 10% of all web traffic according to a StatCounter study in May 2012.
- Facebook executives said in October of 2012 that in the third quarter, the company earned $150 million from mobile ads, 14 percent of its total revenue. New York Times – Oct. 28, 2012
Consulting: Mobility-4-Business Services begin with our Consulting and Discovery process. Our approach and philosophy is to understand your business, how you interact with your customers, what your company goals and competition are and your biggest challenges you want to overcome. Listening is the most important skill we believe is necessary so we have a clear understanding of your concerns and what differentiates your business, so we maintain those characteristics before we add our solutions which we are confident will result in a successful transformation. Please read more about our other services: